Genni – Web Design & Development Case Study
for The New York Times
- Web application development
The T-Brand Studio arm of The New York Times design, produce and build sponsored posts on one of the World's largest publishing platforms.
Highly interactive posts have been produced for blue-chip clients across all verticals, closely matching the brand aesthetics whilst pushing the boundaries of front-end web technologies.
Design resource usage reduction
Mock-up distribution increased
Flaunt Digital were selected from five suppliers to build and host an interactive mock-up system for our internal team to use. Their expertise and processes are exemplary and efficient, and they worked to produce a fantastic piece of software that our team use regularly to help produce design mock-ups which we use to pitch for new work.
Flaunt Digital were appointed to develop and host an interactive mock-up generator tool, named Genni. Amongst other features, the application includes:
- Secure authentication framework allowing trusted employees of T Brand Studio to access previously saved data and create new data.
- Ability to create and enable themes, which allows non-skilled users to quickly and easily create mock-ups based on predefined layouts for specific verticals.
- Full Content Management System (CMS) allowing drag-and-drop content placement and image uploading.
- Saving mock-up builds in-progress to continue later.
- Generating high-resolution JPG images of mock-ups placed in realistic device renders.
- Generating branded PDF documents showcasing mock-up renders.
- Ability to download a ZIP containing PDF and all full-resolution JPG files for distribution.
- Securely sharing live web mock-ups with clients using obfuscated links.
The tool has been a huge success at T Brand Studio, allowing sales people to quickly produce professional quality mock-ups for clients without engaging any skilled design resource. This has saved the in-house design team countless hours.