Horizon Platforms provides safe and easy access platform hire, sales and state-of-the-art training to customers across England.
The Brief: Flaunt Digital was appointed to increase Horizon Platforms’ online visibility and reverse the downward trend in organic traffic.
The Challenges: Horizon Platforms’ year-on-year organic traffic change had gradually been decreasing each month, down by 32% on the previous year when Flaunt Digital initially took on the campaign.
What We Did: Flaunt Digital initially carried out a full onsite technical audit, keyword research, offsite link audit and content strategy, before working with the internal Flaunt Digital development team to implement the recommendations. The onsite content strategy included ongoing production of pillar and functional content, two monthly blog posts and ad-hoc outreach campaigns.
Despite the year-on-year organic traffic gap continuing to grow in the first two months of the campaign, this trend had started to reverse by month three. By month five, Horizon Platforms saw a year-on-year increase in organic traffic for the first time in almost 12 months.
The Latest: Following a rocky platform migration in April 2020 implemented by an external development agency, which was amplified by Google’s May 2020 core algorithm update just a few weeks later, we saw notable decreases in organic performance between April and May 2020.
- Decrease in AVG rank from 21.74 to 34.30
- 21% decrease in Page 1 rankings (434 to 342)
- 62% decrease AVG daily organic sessions (127 to 48)
We then worked to create and implement technical recommendations and ongoing production of pillar content between August 2020 and January 2021, resulting in:
- Increase in AVG rank from 30.95 to 22.25
- 24% increase in Page 1 rankings (443 to 548)
- Ranking for “Scissor Lifts For Hire” (Rank 12 with 2,900 monthly searches), “Genie Boom Lift” (Rank 10 with 210 monthly searches) and “MEWPs Hire” (Rank 7 with 1,300 monthly searches)
- 75% increase in daily organic conversions (31 to 54)
- 61% increase in daily organic sessions (56 to 90)
Marco Maccio - Marketing Director
Flaunt are a great bunch of highly talented people who are easy to work with. I’d recommend them to businesses who are looking for a different approach to the agency model.