Hatton Jewellers is a London-based retailer that offers a wide range of fine jewellery including chains, engagement rings and luxury watches through both its high-street store and e-commerce website.
The Brief: Flaunt Digital was appointed to increase Hatton Jewellers’ online visibility and drive organic traffic to its e-commerce site.
The Challenges: In an increasingly competitive industry dominated by high-street jewellers with multi-million-pound budgets, Flaunt Digital was faced with the task of planning an SEO strategy that would make efficient use of the budget at hand. Flaunt Digital was also required to work closely with Hatton’s remote development team to implement changes. Throughout the early stages of the campaign, it became clear that the current communication and implementation process would present several issues further down the line.
What We Did: Flaunt Digital’s SEO team initially carried out a full audit of Hatton Jewellers’ website from a Technical SEO perspective, before working with Hatton’s development team and Flaunt’s in-house development team to implement the proposed changes. The ongoing SEO campaign also included the creation of bi-weekly blog posts that would appear on Hatton’s site, as well as the optimisation of functional content on key pillar pages. Flaunt Digital also proposed a new communications process, which helped to speed up the implementation process of the proposed changes.
The Latest: Working together since May 2018, we’ve seen the Hatton Jewellers website grow from an independent jewellery store in East London to one of the UK’s biggest retail websites for iced out jewellery and solid gold chains. Our SEO strategy has shifted many times throughout this period, from writing monthly blog content and fixing serious technical issues in the first year (V1 strategy), to building engaging SEO-optimised pillar content and a more advanced technical SEO strategy in the second year (V2 strategy).
- Increase in AVG rank from 16.31 to 8.77
- Doubled YoY AVG daily organic clicks in Google, from 600 in January 2020 to 1,200 in January 2021
- 139% increase in organic revenue for the full year (2020 vs 2018)
- 237% increase in organic revenue at peak season (Nov & Dec20 vs Nov & Dec18)
- 83% increase in organic sessions vs 2018, from 186,654 to 340,813; 48% increase vs 2019, from 229,547
- 19% increase in pages per session, from 3.42 to 4.08
- Ranking for “Gold Chains” (Rank 2 with 60,500 monthly searches), “Gold Rings Mens” (Rank 6 with 27,100 monthly searches) and “Gold Bracelets Mens” (Rank 3 with 22,200 monthly searches)