The T-Brand Studio arm of The New York Times design, produce and build sponsored posts on one of the world’s largest publishing platforms.
Highly interactive posts have been produced for blue-chip clients across all verticals, closely matching the brand aesthetics whilst pushing the boundaries of front-end web technologies.
The Brief: As a preferred development partner for The New York Times, Flaunt Digital were tasked with speeding up the process of producing sponsored post design mock-ups. This was something which in-house designers would often spend time on at pitch stage and found themselves producing similar output again and again.
The Challenges: Working alongside The New York Times, an idea was forged to produce an online tool, named Genni, to supercharge this process. The end-goal would produce a tool to create, edit, manage and download design mock-ups that can be tailored end-to-end with little-to-no design (or Photoshop!) experience.
What We Did: Amongst other features, the application includes:
- Secure authentication framework allowing trusted employees of T Brand Studio to access previously saved data and create new data.
- Ability to create and enable themes, which allows non-skilled users to quickly and easily create mock-ups based on predefined layouts for specific verticals.
- Full Content Management System (CMS) allowing drag-and-drop content placement and image uploading.
- Saving mock-up builds in-progress to continue later.
- Generating high-resolution JPG images of mock-ups placed in realistic device renders.
- Generating branded PDF documents showcasing mock-up renders.
- Ability to download a ZIP containing PDF and all full-resolution JPG files for distribution.
- Securely sharing live web mock-ups with clients using obfuscated links.
The tool has been a huge success at T Brand Studio, allowing sales people to quickly produce professional quality mock-ups for clients without engaging any skilled design resource. This has saved the in-house design team countless hours.
Graham McDonnell, Creative Director at The New York Times
Flaunt Digital were selected from five suppliers to build and host an interactive mock-up system for our internal team to use. Their expertise and processes are exemplary and efficient, and they worked to produce a fantastic piece of software that our team use regularly to help produce design mock-ups which we use to pitch for new work.