Inbound marketing was a term coined by Brian Halligan, the CEO of multi-milllion-pound marketing automation enterprise, Hubspot. By definition, inbound marketing is a technique in which you ‘draw the customer in’ as opposed to going for the ‘hard sell’, using organic techniques such as content marketing, social media marketing & SEO.
In contrast, outbound marketing focuses on pushing your products out to recipients, using some of the more traditional marketing techniques such as TV, newspaper ads and telemarketing.
Inbound marketing first shot to fame in the early-2000s but has since evolved to a whole new level. There are now over 3.8 million Google searches every minute, which means people are generally a lot less hesitant to skip past your paid advert. And can you be surprised? Would you rather read a blog that provides you with valuable information or an advert that’s trying to sell you a product?
This has also led to the increased use of ad blockers in browsers, with almost 16% of UK internet users adopting them. Of course, ad blockers can potentially damage the results of your typical PPC campaign. As people become more aware of when they’re being sold to, inbound marketing will become an increasingly popular alternative to these more traditional marketing techniques.
If this hasn’t got you wanting to hear more about inbound marketing, these 15 incredible stats surely will.
1. 1/3 OF MARKETERS THINK OUTBOUND MARKETING TACTICS ARE OVERRATED [HUBSPOT]
2. 84% OF 25-TO-34-YEAR-OLDS HAVE LEFT ONE OF THEIR FAVOURITE WEBSITES BECAUSE OF INTRUSIVE ADVERTISING [MASHABLE]
3. 81% OF MARKETERS FOUND THAT INCREASED TRAFFIC OCCURRED WITH AS LITTLE AS 6 HOURS PER WEEK INVESTED IN SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING [SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMINER]
4. 38% OF SALESPEOPLE SAY THAT GETTING A RESPONSE FROM PROSPECTS IS GETTING HARDER [HUBSPOT]
5. WEBSITES WITH BLOG CONTENT HAVE 434% MORE SEARCH ENGINE-INDEXED PAGES THAN THOSE WITHOUT [TECHCLIENT]
6. 44% OF B2B MARKETERS HAVE A DOCUMENTED INBOUND MARKETING STRATEGY [CONTENT MARKETING INSTITUTE]
7. MARKETERS WHO USE VIDEO GROW REVENUE 49% FASTER THAN NON-VIDEO USERS [ABERDEEN]
8. COMPANIES THAT PUBLISHED 16+ BLOG POSTS PER MONTH GOT ALMOST 3.5X MORE TRAFFIC THAN COMPANIES THAT PUBLISHED 0-4 MONTHLY POSTS [HUBSPOT]
9. PER POUND, CONTENT MARKETING PRODUCES 3 TIMES MORE LEADS THAN PAID SEARCH [KAPOST]
10. THE AVERAGE COST PER LEAD DROPS 80% AFTER 5 MONTHS OF CONSISTENT INBOUND MARKETING [ELOQUA]
11. 39% OF MARKETING BUDGET IS SPENT ON CONTENT MARKETING BY THE MOST EFFECTIVE B2B MARKETERS [TOPRANKBLOG]
12. INBOUND LEADS COST 61% LESS ON AVERAGE THAN OUTBOUND LEADS [HUBSPOT]
13. 3 OUT OF 4 INBOUND MARKETING CHANNELS COST LESS THAN ANY OUTBOUND CHANNEL [MASHABLE]
14. 93% OF B2B MARKETERS USE CONTENT MARKETING [CONTENT MARKETING INSTITUTE]
15. 68% OF CONSUMERS FEEL MORE POSITIVE ABOUT A BRAND AFTER CONSUMING CONTENT FROM IT [POINT VISIBLE]
We hope that you now have a clearer perspective of just how powerful inbound marketing can be. Whether you’re looking to grow leads or increase brand awareness, it’s something that should certainly be taken into consideration when creating your organisation’s marketing strategy.
To find out more about how inbound marketing can be used to transform your marketing strategy why not get in touch with us today?